I play in several different bands. Here are links to some of the bands I play with. See the links above for bands I lead:
- Natural Causes – A band from Torquay, Huddersfield, Norwich and Lancaster, playing live with silent films, and working with poets such as Ian McMillan, Peter Oswald and Jackie Kay.
- Rude 2.0 – FX-laden quartet with trombonist Annie Whitehead, bassist Jennifer Maidman and drummer Liam Genockey, that has played sold out gigs at Marsden Jazz Festival, Cafe Oto, and the Vortex Jazz Club
- some things – Trumpet duo from Norwich playing original material, obscure standards and interpretations of English folk songs.
- The Brass Monkeys – Improvising brass band from Norwich also playing original material and obscure standards. Has performed at St. Paul’s Sessions (London), the Magdalen Street Celebration, and Existential Antics (both in Norwich). Expect free-flowing brass, country dances, and the unexpected…
- the dynamic and stuff… – A new Norwich-based trio, playing new versions of fairly well-known standards, and more simple originals, featuring double-bassist George McKay, drummer and tabla player Jesse Barrett, and myself on trumpet and electronics.
- hymn – Another new Norwich trio. Improvisations with some written material. Chris Dowding (trumpet & electronics), George McKay (double bass), David Ross (electronics and percussion).
- Andrew Hill project – new band on the way – chamber versions of Andrew Hill compositions, and new pieces inspired by the pianist.
- The Hard Edges of Metal – a new loud all-brass trio coming to Norfolk…
Other bands I am working with:
Diego Brown and the Good Fairy (multi-instrumental brother/sister duo from London)
Joey Herzfeld (songwriter recently moved to Norwich from London)